Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Baking

As Christmas approaches fast I start thinking about what to take to family gatherings. This year I'm responsible for desserts at my Mom's. Well I tried a few last night to see what was our favorite. This is one we all Loved!!! I thought I could share it with everyone else. It was something new for us.  

This recipe comes from one of my favorite "Nestle Classic Recipes" It has good Old Fashion cookie recipes to more complex cheese cakes. I'm not the best baker. I tend to put my goodies in the oven and forget about them. But I was successful with this one.

White Chip Island Blondies
Ingredients:
1 cup plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt ( I only use a pinch)
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup (6 oz) white morsels
1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup toasted coconut (I'm not a huge coconut fan so I used 1/4 cup)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 in square baking pan
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium mixing bowl. Beat sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels, nuts, and coconut. Press into baking pan
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. 




No comments:

Post a Comment