Thursday, December 9, 2010

One for every Season...


I have been wanting one of these wreaths for a few years now, but to buy one it would cost me $80 at the least. So I decided to make one. It only cost me $25 to make it. That's a huge savings. It is seriously the Easiest/ hardest wreath to make!! Michael was a brave sport and helped last night. If he hadn't helped me I promise I would have had balls all over this house because I was ready to start throwing them at everything and everyone LOL!!! 
How To Do:
Start by hot gluing all the tops on to the balls (please do not skip this part) 
Then using a FLIMSY wire hanger slowly feed the balls onto the hanger...as seen in this picture

Simply close the ends together to make the circle. I had to hang the wreath on my door and add a few more balls and rearrange them until the wire was hidden (that's the hardest part) I am so pleased at how it turned out I'm thinking I could have a pink, yellow, and purple one for Easter and Black and orange one for Halloween etc. But I will just have the red for Christmas, for now at least....

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have an idea for hiding the wire - use colored ribbon to wrap the hanger before you put the ornaments on it and also use it to make a bow to cover the closure point after you have finished. Maybe this will make your other ones a little easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a GREAT idea. I still think I may add some ribbon at the top. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete