A few Christmas' ago I made some fleece blankets as gifts. I have also made some for my house. We LOVE them around our house. They are so popular with us and family that I made Michael's Step mom one this year. I thought I would share how I make them...
What you need:
2 yards of two different colors of fleece material (usually one printed and one solid color)
Good fabric scissors (Just Trust me)
First I start by laying both pieces of fleece on top of each other on the floor to trim up edges and cut to the same size. Fleece fabric comes with the sides curled up so I trim that off. Once fabric is trimmed and cut to same size I cut a 4 inch square out of all four corners like the picture below.
After all four corners are cut out, I cut 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch thick strips along all four sides of blanket. Each strip is cut 4 inches long to match the four corners.
This is what takes the most time. Go along the strips tying every other one in a knot. Then I flip the blanket and finish tying the rest of the strips.
Here is a picture of the blanket finished. They are washable and VERY durable. Isaac has had one since he was born and it's still in GREAT shape.
My favorite thing to do on these wintery snowy days is curl up under my fleece blanket and watch movies.

No comments:
Post a Comment