Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What a Christmas!!

This Christmas was a little challenging then the usual. Isaac started running a fever on the 16th of December and I really didn't think much of it. Well on the 20th  he was still running a fever and now crying saying his right leg hurt. We called the Doc and got an appointment for Tuesday morning. Never EVER did I think I was going to hear what I did... Doc told us he had a boil that was VERY contagious. The entire family is to be on antibiotics and wash in a soap called hibiclens. On top of that Isaac was on Septra (strong antibiotic) and he is to sit 24/7 with a moist heating pad on his "booboo". Do you know how hard it is to have a 3year old sit still 24/7  for 6 days straight???? I was losing my sanity very quickly. We were going back and forth to the Doc everyday until Thursday Dec 23rd, she let us go and said continue everything you are doing over Christmas weekend and we will see you back Monday morning... That meant we were all home inside for Christmas (no family visits) I cried and cried and cried. Not only could we not see our family, Mike's daughter Marisa, could not come over either. What a Christmas???

Christmas Eve came and we made the best of it... We still opened our annual Christmas P.J.s

We put out Cookies for Santa... He was still coming!!


Santa came and instead of hurrying to get ready for the day we just hung out. No rushing around and no fighting traffic. Well I thought I would like it... Not what Christmas is all about!! I missed everything about my "normal" Christmas!! 



Well Christmas had past and it was now Sunday. Isaac's "booboo" had went from the size of a golf ball to the size of a baseball. WHAT??? On call Doc said "head on in to the ER this is not good". We get to ER to learn he possibly has Mirsa and his "booboo" is an abscess that needs to be surgically drained. They take him into surgery first thing Monday morning. Isaac does EXTREMELY great!! We get home and he is already fever free after running a fever for 10 days. Praise God!! I am so grateful for God and his blessings on my family. He loves us so much. Sometimes it's hard to see it with all the hustle in our lives but God made me still for Christmas and I was blessed for that!! Hope everyone had a MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy NewYear!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment