Almost 13 years ago I got pregnant with a Beautiful baby girl!!! At the age of 15 I was in denial. I refused maternity clothes and healthy food. I stayed away from home trying to avoid my parents which in return caused me to eat out everyday!! Well this is when my weight problems started. I gained 82 lbs! Yes you read this right... 120lbs to 202lbs when I walked out of Hospital. I immediately started on weight loss journey.
I learned exercise wasn't as easy after children as it was before. I learned I couldn't eat whatever I wanted and NOT gain. I learned I had to watch what I was eating and exercise everyday to lose weight. I learned losing weight was HARD!! I learned the words will power, discipline, and consistency. I learned persistence does pay off!!!
After saying that... Here I was 12 & 1/2 years later and weighed 181 again in my life. So the weight loss journey began again. Boy is harder to lose weight at 28 then it is at 16. I started February 11th after booking a cruise. I was NOT going to get on a cruise ship in a bathing suit at 181 lbs. I started first by counting calories in vs. calories burned. I did this with the AWESOME help of my body media armband. It tracks calories burned based on heart rate, precipitation, and muscle tension. It tracked my steps taken, sleep habits, and intensity of my work outs. This arm band was my BFF for a month. I lost 14lbs in 5 weeks.
I went on my cruise and felt a little bit better after losing the weight. Ate how I wanted to on my cruise then came home to realize I gained 6 back. REALLY??? So back to counting calories I went.... and Nothing!!! No weight loss, no matter how hard I worked out and how many calories I cut. So I went to a nutritionist. She said lets try cutting carbs. HUH?!?!
I have never tried cutting carbs. I have no idea what to eat when cutting carbs. I am NOT a meat eater (only b/c of taste) I am a HUGE bread eater. WOW!! What a change of lifestyle. But I did it!!! Weigh started falling off. Almost everyday I had lost another lb. I was loving it!! It was working!!
Now 10 weeks later I am still on this weight loss journey. Losing weight takes planning, LOTS of planning. I have to plan out my meals and then plan out the families meals. Everyday is a challenge, but I have learned a new lesson. Instead of taking it day by day, take it meal by meal. If I want something sweet I go ahead and treat myself cause half way through it I'm satisfied and my lovely daughter, husband, or 3 yr old boy will finish it. Every 10 lbs down I reward myself BIG with either a piece of new clothing or Mexican food :))
I am now 1lb away from losing 30lbs so we (Tiff and I) are looking forward to some Beary Bear Yogurt. Here is my before and after picture as of 27lbs lost.


No comments:
Post a Comment