Today I am making home made re-fried beans. This is my first time ever making beans from scratch. I started soaking them yesterday and let them soak about 20 hours. After they soaked I put them in the pressure cooker and cooked them for about 25 minutes. In the meantime I had some onion, sea salt, and garlic sauteing in olive oil in the skillet. Once the onions were translucent I added the cooked beans. I stirred them to incorporate them with the onions and garlic. I taste tested and much to my surprise they were AWESOME!! Tiff even approved. That says a lot from a 13 yr old. LOL!!
I plan on putting the beans on natural corn tortillas with some organic salsa, avocado, tomatoes. We can make it into the salads. I'm kinda excited about tonight's dinner because all of you who know me know my FAVE food in the world is Mexican!!
Our tortilla soup last night was excellent. I will make that again but add flour tortillas and chicken next go round :)) We are truly blessed and the blessings just keep pouring over us.
Our tortilla soup last night was excellent. I will make that again but add flour tortillas and chicken next go round :)) We are truly blessed and the blessings just keep pouring over us.
Ok so I'm adding this after dinner...
I made Guacamole tonight and it was tasty!! Here's how I did it
1 avocado (cause I thought I was only one eating it)
1/4 of a tomato
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp of onion
little bit of lemon juice.
I just put all this in the blender and blended til it was still chunky but some smooth. Needless to say I wasnt the only one eating it. Mikey ate it too :)) It was good!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment