I've been running a lot here lately, trying to train for a half marathon...Well I have some news to brag on myself. This past Saturday seven of us decided to try our feet at the half marathon track for training purposes. Only 5 of us crossed the finish line. We originally told ourselves we would just walk to get the mileage in. We ended up run/walking it. I COMPLETED a half marathon. To Qualify for the race you have to complete it in 4 hours: 50 minutes. I am proud to say I finished it in 3 hours and 47 minutes!!! I have Accomplished 13.1 miles.
This is my running buddy. She is my neighbor, My friend, And my daughter's BFF Mommy!! We have been spending a ton of time together between the girls and school. Shopping, Running, and Grill Outs!!! Thank you so much Tina for being my motivation, inspiration, and ass kicker. Tee Hee!!
The race began at Country Music Hall of Fame. We ran all over Nashville from the heart of Downtown to Centennial Park to Belmont to Music Row to even the Titan's Stadium. Finishing off back at The Country Music Hall of Fame.
Now that I have the running down. I need to focus on my diet. You see you do all that running then your starving... I tell myself it's ok to have this piece of cake cause I'm running 13.1 miles tomorrow. Well I burned 1792 calories during my run. Took 22,000 steps and did Vigorous exercise for 3 hours and 47 minutes but yet I'm not losing weight. I've actually gained some. So this is my Vow to myself that from today til December 31, 2010 I am going to watch my food and actually lose while I'm putting my body through the pain.

You can do it!! I know how hard it is (the diet, not the running...LOL, I don't do that!) I've been on Weight Watchers for 3 months now and have only lost 7-8 pounds, just b/c I haven't had the motivation/willpower to stick with it all the time.
ReplyDelete