Most of you know my hubby is a computer, star wars, outer space nerd and I LOVE IT!! Well the past couple of weeks he has turned into Farmer Boy. Mud boots and all!! For the first time in 4 1/2 years he doesn't have to program a website that needs to be done by Yesterday. So needless to say he has come out of his computer!! Yay for me!!!
This past weekend he decided to try his hand at a garden by himself. It's not doing too bad, just started it a little too late (I think). He and Marisa planted some green peppers, cantaloupe and some seeds. The green peppers seem to be doing ok. Our cantaloupe on the other hand is not looking too good. The rain has beaten it to death. You can see it in the top left pic. Since I've taken this photo it has limped over even more :(
If you notice in the bottom right hand of the pic there is a wood box...Well that is his compost. He is turning, adding, and babysitting it every evening, even in the rain. He has researched and asked tons of questions from our experienced neighbors and has come to the conclusion that we need chickens to help boost the compost. I won't lie I would love to have the eggs too. So as of yesterday @ 7:30 am I was a proud owner of a chicken coop. Yes we are getting chickens...
The coop needs a lot of TLC, but it was basically given to us. With some new wood to replace the bad, some paint, and new chicken wire she might not look too bad!! I will keep you updated on the chicken coop progress. As far as the chickens, we will get them once coop is all done.
If you notice in the bottom right hand of the pic there is a wood box...Well that is his compost. He is turning, adding, and babysitting it every evening, even in the rain. He has researched and asked tons of questions from our experienced neighbors and has come to the conclusion that we need chickens to help boost the compost. I won't lie I would love to have the eggs too. So as of yesterday @ 7:30 am I was a proud owner of a chicken coop. Yes we are getting chickens...
Front Back
The coop needs a lot of TLC, but it was basically given to us. With some new wood to replace the bad, some paint, and new chicken wire she might not look too bad!! I will keep you updated on the chicken coop progress. As far as the chickens, we will get them once coop is all done.



Awesome score on the chicken coop!! Your going to love having chickens (were addicted) and fresh eggs!! :)
ReplyDelete