Friday, August 13, 2010

In the kitchen!!

Mexican food is my FAVORITE!!!! With that said I have found the best Guacamole recipe. I made a huge bowl on Monday night and have just about ate the entire bowl all on my own (besides sharing a little with my favorite neighbor and friend) I hope anyone who LOVES Mexican food as much as I do can truly enjoy this recipe...

My lil Man helped with the mashing and mixing 
This is the final outcome... Yummy!!! I need to go eat some more

GUAC OHHHHH MOLE HEY!!!

Ingredients:
*  1 bunch of Cilantro
*  1 lime
*  1/2 tsp. kosher salt
*  1/2 purple onion
*  2 cloves of garlic
*  2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped and seeded
*  1 Serrano chile pepper, finely diced and seeds removed
*  1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced and seeds removed
*  7 avocados, Ripe

Directions:

1. Press cilantro, garlic, onions, peppers, 1/2 tsp salt, and the lime juicein a bowl with the back of a spoon
2. Add tomatoes and stir
3. Add avocados and mash together until smooth (You can use an avocado smasher or even a potato smasher)
4. Add additional cilantro, salt, pepper, or lime juice to taste. (I didn't add anything)

Tip: To keep you Guac fresh through the night and into the next day, take the pit of one of the avocados and bury it in the Guac. It's a nice little TX trick....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds YUMMY!! We love guacamole so I will def be giving this a try.. Thanks girlie!!

    ReplyDelete