Thursday, September 16, 2010

Surgery update...

I will start off saying Everything went well!!! 
Yesterday Morning I can't believe I woke up feeling calm. I was able to keep my thoughts together and get everything packed and ready. Didn't even forget anything. We let Isaac sleep until we had 15 minutes til time to head to Hospital. When this boy wakes up he wants chocolate milk in hand and his TV shows. Isaac did AWESOME never once even asked for a drink. I was shocked!!! 
When we first got to hospital Isaac was playing with his brand new Vanderbilt football and had no worries. Then they called us back to his room and he screamed. Isaac fought me when it was time to put on his gown. They check ed all his vitals and it was time to give the good Syrup. Isaac drank all his meds up. No sooner then he got the meds down he starts giggling, and I mean giggling. His anesthesiologists was wonderful. They blew bubbles and balloons, even played with bouncy balls. Then he was wheeled away :((

The 45 - 60 minute wait went very quickly after getting a bite to eat and talk to my mom. Dr. Bryant called us back to the consult room and said everything went PERFECT!! Music to my ears. I think I cried more when he said that then when they wheeled Isaac away. About 20 minutes later we went to see my love bug. He woke up very angry and uncomfortable. He was screaming saying he was going to get sick. Nurses gave him some Zofran and Demerol. Isaac immediately breaks out with a red face with white blotches. Everyone says it is normal with his age and we are sent home.
This is him sleeping comfortably!!

You can see his rash on his cheek a little in this picture.


On our way home!! FINALLY!!

Things have went ok at home. He is drinking a little and has eaten some ice cream and pudding. I HATE medicine time. I dread it actually. It is the first time I have ever had to hold down either one of my children to administer medicines. Isaac screams and gags and chokes. It is terrible but he has to have them. So far besides med time everything has went well. So glad to be home. Thank you all for your prayers. I could feel them all yesterday!!

Isaac and his new puppy "Barkley"
I love this kid so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment