A few months ago my friend Tina and I went on a school trip to Land Between the Lakes. We got to talking on the way there and realized we both ran. Well one conversation lead to another and next thing I knew it I was signing up for a Half Marathon!! Let me say BEST EXPERIENCE EVER (besides my children being born). I joined her running team called East Nasty running group. A group of people in five points who meet every Wed night and Sun morning to run.
I participated in the Women's Half Marathon . Very well organized event. I would totally suggest every person do a half marathon. I went through so many emotions along the way. First being nervous about the big day. Second the adrenaline that takes over until you cross the finish line. Third tears of gratefulness for being blessed by God for me to be physically fit enough to be part of such a huge event. Fourth Tears of pain cause fatigue and pain were setting in. Fifth tears of sadness cause one of my fellow racers collapsed with a heart attack. Sixth tears of JOY cause I was crossing the finish line with a Personal Record. Seventh Why do I have to walk a mile to the car when I just finished 13.1???
The first time I did 13.1, I completed it in 3 hour and 47 minutes. This time I crossed the finish line in 3 hours and 12 minutes (same course). That's 35 minute improvement!! Here are a few pics of my team and fellow runner friends!!
This is Tina and I. Tina is the one who went with me to LBL. She has been an AWESOME running buddy. We have shared lots of tears on the pavement!!
You can't tell in the pics but Tina had gotten us 13.1 tattoos for our cheeks.
Team East Nasty!!!
Since I went to church I couldn't meet the East Nasty group on Sun mornings... So we started our own little group to meet on Sat mornings. Tina, Megan, Melinda, Phyllis, and Me!!
This is us running up 2nd Ave on mile 11... ALMOST FINISHED!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment